Cruising the Norwegian Fjords
July 20 - 27, 2024
On board the luxurious Le Champlain
Spectacular fjords, massive glaciers, and remote island villages are just a few of the spectacles you stand to see when you join Cruising the Norwegian Fjords aboard the luxury explorer ship, Le Champlain. This eight-day itinerary shows off the highlights of these Scandinavian inlets—and so much more. From the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Bryggen Harbor District in Bergen to the fascinating Art Nouveau architecture of Ålesund, and from the spectacular waterfalls of Geiranger Fjord to the magnificent Briksdal Glacier, itself part of the Jostedal Glacier, one of the largest in continental Europe, there is a range of wonder to be had. Other highlights include sailing through Lyesfjord and spotting Pulpit Rock, some 1,968 feet above the water; visiting charming villages and enjoying local treats like goat milk cheeses and caramels; learning about the history of iron and ore mining in Ålesund; and so much more. We invite you to join us, along with expert naturalist-guides who will lecture and teach about the region, on a voyage along the meandering edge of Norway’s famed coastline.
- UNESCO World Heritage sites: Bryggen and Geirangerfjord.
- Joining a voyage that is specially-tailored for English-speaking travelers, including discussions with experts, transfers before and after your cruise, and an included excursion in each port of call.
- Exploring the charming art nouveau town of Alesund.
- Gazing in awe at the magnificent Briksdal Glacier.
- Sailing Lysefjorden – ‘fjord of light’ – flanked by towering granite cliffs.
- Hiking in pristine coastal landscapes from Stavanger and Arendal, including in Raet National Park (optional activities).
- Visiting museums that document history from the Iron Age through modern times: Iron Age village in Ullandhaug, Næs Ironworks Museum, Volvo Museum, and the Museum of Fine Arts of Gothenburg.
Join us and like-minded travelers for an unforgettable exploration.
Betchart Expeditions, Inc.
Expedition Brochure (PDF)